"The creative passions remain true, only the approach changes" best describes Chuck and his work as a designer and now as an oil painter.
Chuck returned to oil painting on March 16, 2009. His early interest in the Masters is evident by his sensitive approach to light, colour and form which has evolved somewhere between classical and impressionism. His paintings are typically large scale landscapes, favoring the sun or moon with dramatic atmospheric translucent light effects merging into the earth’s surface.
I’m a daily painter exploring the merging of light and water on canvas. It’s a fascination I’ll spend the rest of my time as an artist pursuing and if my painting evokes an emotion, and my experience as an artist is shared, then it becomes worthwhile.
“Artists, like Koi, grow expediential to their surroundings – I know it to be true because I’m a product of my surroundings. As mine increased, my opportunities increased too and so did my talents as an artist. All we have to do is take advantage of those opportunities.”
Chuck has numerous paintings in private and commercial collections in Virginia, West Virginia, Washington DC, California, Nevada and United Kingdom
- 2012 WOAS World of Art Showcase - Wynn Las Vegas
- 2012 OPA Eastern Regional Exhibition of Traditional Oils - Bennington Center for the Arts, Bennington, Vermont
- 2012 Venice in Peril 21st Annual Exhibit - W. H. Patterson Gallery - London, England
- 2011 American Impressionist Society 12th Annual National Juried Exhibition – Mountainsong Galleries – Carmel-By-the-Sea, Ca.
- 2011 Solo Exhibition – Exploring the Merging of Water and Light – Urbanna Harbor Gallery, Urbana, Va.
- 2011 OPA 20th National Exhibition of Traditional Oils - Devin Galleries, Coeur d'Alene, ID
- 2011 Salon International - Greenhouse Gallery - San Antonio, Texas
- 2011 Venice in Peril Exhibit - W. H. Patterson Gallery - London, England
- 2010 OPA Eastern Regional Exhibition of Traditional Oils - Walls Fine Art Gallery - Wilmington, NC
- 2010 Artist in residence status - Crossroads Art Center, Richmond, Va.
- 2010 January - Finalist Fine Art View Painting Competition - Judge Brian Blood
- 2010 Salon International - Greenhouse Gallery - San Antonio, Texas
- 2010 Venice in Peril Exhibit - W. H. Patterson Gallery - London, England
- 2009 Venice Collection Featured - Informed Collectors News Letter 12/16/09
- 2009 OPA Eastern Regional - Corse Gallery & Atelier - Jacksonville, Florida
Member of OPA Oil Painters of America - VPAP Virginia Plein Air Painters